Buying & selling
If you’re planning to buy shares with E*TRADE, first you’ll need to transfer enough money from your everyday bank account into your account’s linked Cash Account. It’s quick and easy.
Buying and selling is as easy as following the steps below. Move your mouse over each number for more information.
How to place a trade
- Select your account
- Choose to ‘Buy’ or ‘Sell’
- Enter the number of shares you wish to trade
- Enter the share’s ASX Stock Code (or search for it)
- Select a ‘Market’ or ‘Limit’ price
- Specify the term (if you choose ‘Limit’)
- Preview your order
Experienced investor? Trade up.
Of course, this is just the start. Advanced traders can trade through our dynamic subscription-based trading platforms E*TRADE Pro and Power E*TRADE. You can get extra features like real-time statistics, streaming quotes and news to your desktop - all in a single, customisable display. Find out more